Jehovah-Nissi

Jehovah-Nissi
The Lord is my Banner

Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Got Satisfaction?

God has taught me one big lesson this week, one that is still in process...and I don't think I'll ever get it perfect this side of eternity...
Through Facebook I "like" a page called "Trust in the Lord." It posts frequent pictures about the love and grace and truth of God with sayings and bible verses integrated into the picture. They often show up in my news feed and are often encouraging. One in particular has been the anthem to my week: It was plain blue (a teal/greenish blue) and stated "The only one who can truly satisfy the human heart is the one who made it." The question following the statement is, "do you believe that?"
Do I?
Current culture would plead with us not to believe such promises. "Don't you know?" the world asks us, "you can't get no satisfaction?" Mick Jagger said it best, I'm sure, from the vantage point of our fleshy sinful selfish hearts...so we go through life thinking he's right..."I can't get no satisfaction"...but it's a lie! A black, poisonous lie from the pit of Hell bent on destroying any faith and belief we hold in God. The TRUTH is, God made out hearts to seek, find, rely on, and be WHOLEY satisfied IN HIM! "There's a God-shaped hole in all of us"...not sure who sings that one.
My challenge this week has been to check my motives...am I looking to God, the creator of my heart, to satisfy my heart? Or, am I putting hopes and burdens on people (or things) who are not qualified to tackle such a task? The ONLY one qualified is Christ Jesus! So, check your motives...ask yourself, "am I engaging this way because I choose to find favor and satisfaction in God (the ONLY one who can satisfy) or because I search for approval and fullness in temporary pleasures (unqualified and unequipped to satisfy)?" There's only one right answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment