Jehovah-Nissi

Jehovah-Nissi
The Lord is my Banner

Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Liar, Liar

Yesterday, as I was teaching, I was confronted with one of my own "little white lies."  I think I told one of the kids how wonderful their picture was without looking at it (because I was "SO" busy)  And although that may not have been a lie, because the picture may have been wonderful, it wasn't honest OR a true picture of the love of Christ.  Christ would have STOPPED EVERYTHING to turn His full attention to the child and his picture to make an honest and helpful comment.  I feel like this applied to those other "white lies" we all use through out the day...I'm sure you can think of many from your own life, as can I...more than I can give words to... 
 
One of the biggest I can think of is when a friend asks how does this make me look, and we say great, even through they look horrid...and is this uplifting?  NO.  Why?  We just allowed our friend to walk out, into public, looking horrid!  What kind of friend are we????
There is a consequence of every lie.  It may not seem like it, but you are not the person you just lied to.  I am not the friend walking around looking horrid!  (or maybe I am...)  Proverbs tells us "The Lord detests lying lips." (Prov 12:22)!  We need to be careful to guard our lips from the evil in our hearts...choose our word and our actions carefully...and live truthful, uplifting lives...  Examine your hearts.  Be honest, and don't worry about "hurt feelings"...your goal should by to glorify God!

No comments:

Post a Comment