Jehovah-Nissi

Jehovah-Nissi
The Lord is my Banner

Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Love


So, several months ago I began walking to work.  Every day that I can I leave my apartment an hour early to trudge the 2.3 miles to work...I then work 10 hours, and walk home.  Along my daily travels, I have found, I have more time to talk with God.  It is after all 40-50 minutes of silence filled with the white noise of traffic.  As we walk together, me and God, He brings to mind thoughts and ideas that I would not have/could not have materialized on my own.  Yesterday, walking home, was one such instance of God's touch on my mind.

...Do you love people?  I mean REALLY LOVE people?  And, not just in theory, but in your speech and your actions and your being...do you SHOW people they are loved?
I was confronted within this thought, that I have a long way to grow.  I think about the people I know and love; my friends and my family...how they love others...  and I realized (or God helped me to see) that

my love is conditional.

I do not emulate Christ as much as I could and certainly not as much as I should...  Unfortunately, my flesh still had a deep, dark, strong hold on my personality.  My love is extended fully and with great enthusiasm within the situations I choose...to the people I choose...when I feel like I want to (when there is most profit to me).  This saddens my heart.  Christ did not (DOES not) CHOOSE to love some and not love others, He loves ALL UNCONDITIONALLY at ALL times!!  Do you?

I am SO thankful that God has blessed me with the people in my life who can show me how to truly show the love of Christ...and Praise God that He can change my heart which changes my actions.  I pray today and everyday that I can be a beacon of Christ's love in every moment!  He can do it, He's that good!

No comments:

Post a Comment