Jehovah-Nissi

Jehovah-Nissi
The Lord is my Banner

Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Birthdays

I am SO enjoying the cool weather, bundling up, scarves, boots, leggings and tights, pumpkin spice, and everything nice.  This (besides beach weather) is my favorite time of year!  Best of all, this time of year houses my birthday!  I'm not sure why it excites me so...I'm not really a "center-of-attention" sort of person, I don't really celebrate "big" or party much at all, I'm not overly excited to get older...whatever the reason, I am ALWAYS excited for my birthday!  I think we all are!  It's the one time of year when you (just you) get to be special in the eyes of everyone!  Even people in restaurants sing to you (if you let them)!  And, so far, I've had just the best celebrations, each one special and unique brightened by the people I shared them with!
It makes me wonder, How did Jesus celebrate His birthday?  He was fully man, and therefore had a day of birth...I have not studied Hebrew culture, so I'm not sure if it was natural for them to celebrate birthdays...I'd like to think it was.  And, even if His earthly parents didn't celebrate the day of birth, I'd like to think that maybe Jesus stole away and took some special time with THE Father on His birthday!  What might that conversation have been like?  {it's funny, I started writing this, and didn't even realize that Jesus' birthday IS celebrated every year as Christmas!}  Maybe there was a feast, or presents...a party, dancing, singing, or candles...  Whatever the celebration was...a celebration it was indeed...and THAT's the best part!
I believe that Jesus and the Father and the Holy Spirit have a party for EVERY birthday...saved beleiver or not...I like to think that there is music and dancing and feasting and singing filling the heavens for my birthday!  I like to think that God my Heavenly Father, Christ, and the Holy Spirit have shared their favorite stories from my life so far and are looking forward to sharing the rest of my life with me as I am looking forward to sharing the rest of eternity with HIM!  Because, the fact is, we belong to Jesus...He delights in us...He celebrates who we are because He died for us and there is nothing that can take us from the palm of his hand!  What a blessing!   What a celebration!  So, as my brithday comes to a close, I will celebrate in worshipful praise the One who made me today and saved my soul one sweet day in August granting me everlasting birthdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment