Jehovah-Nissi

Jehovah-Nissi
The Lord is my Banner

Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

In the Clearness of God's Nearness

I was walking to work the other day in the early morning.  A dense fog was covering the area and it got me thinking...fog is like Satan and the world...surrounding us on all sides, attempting to hide our path. God, then, is the light (of course) filling the space closest to us, making the air clear so that we CAN see; assuring us that we stand on solid ground and all we need to do is put one foot in front of the other and trust Him...He will illuminate our path as we go.  It's such a basic and elementary concept, but I find it's very true.  The foggy areas of my life are often filled with the world's ideas and influences, and ultimately, Satan's desire for me to fail.  It's very easy for me to look past the clearness of God's nearness and focus on this thick dense unknown just beyond where I am.  It's natural to wonder what's beyond the fog...what will come next...what turn will life take...will I see it before I get there so I don't trip and fall...will I be the same...will my friends and family be the same?  The answer is...GOD knows!  We don't need to fret about what might be hidden in the fog, because God will illuminate it when we get there AND he will have equipped us along the way to handle whatever it is.  If we stay in the clearness of God's nearness, and allow God to equip us where we are, then when we get to the middle of that fog, it will no longer be fog...whatever is next will be revealed when we get there.

I don't know about you, but that is SO comforting to me.  God's got me right where he wants me and it doesn't matter what comes next or what just happened, all that matters is what I CAN see...right here, right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment