Jehovah-Nissi

Jehovah-Nissi
The Lord is my Banner

Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

All Things New!

Happy New Year!

I am so excited for this new year!  So excited to see what God will do to gather the body of Christ and grow His kingdom!!!  As I was reading this morning, I found this gem in Revelation:
"And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”  And he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment.  The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be his God and he will be my son.  But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.” "  Revelation 21:5-8

I LOVE that in this time of expecting the new year, that Our LORD is making ALL things new...not has made, not will make, but is making (yesterday, today, and tomorrow!)  And not only that, but His mercies are new every morning (Lamentations 3:21-23).  Praise God!

We all love the word new.  New clothes, new foods, new travels, new car, new hair cut, new makeup, new shoes, new friends...and on and on...but do we ever stop to think about WHY we love new so much?  I can't think that it's only out of greed or pride or selfishness...although some of it is...there's an underlying reason our we crave newness in life.  I think the newness we crave is the newness of Christ!  God's word never returns void.  Even a verse yuou've read a million times can seem brand new in the right season.  God created change and the cycle of life - seasons, birth, death, technology, even washing dishes is change from old to new!  It's a yearning that's been breathed into our being since the beginning and as God is making all things new, we crave that newness in the expectaion that we will some day soon get to experience it...if we accept the gift of Christ and allow Him to indwell our hearts daily we will see the change we long for!

Until then, continue seeking Him, and he will change your heart and make you new!  I firmly believe that Christ comes to our hearts once, but that is not the end of the change He wishes to do.  He changes our hearts and makes us new in every moment that we yeild to Him and not to ourselves.  Cheers to you friends!  Cheers to the new year.  And cheers to the changes we allow in 2012!  Praise God!


Check out my new change for the new year at http://www.storieswithsara.wordpress.com/ !

No comments:

Post a Comment