Jehovah-Nissi

Jehovah-Nissi
The Lord is my Banner

Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Choices, Choices...

I realized something this weekend.  Nothing new or ground breaking...but something I've known...it had been in front of me all the time, I just never gave it much thought or paid much attention.  What occurred to me was this: God wants nothing more than to help you through each and every decision of each and every day, but he won't do it for you.  I know what you might be thinking..."Really, Sara?  You never realized that before?"  But that's the tricky part...I think we all know this...we've learned along the way that our choices must come from ourselves and no one (Not even God) will make our choices for us.  Unfortunately, I think this causes many people to believe 'if they can't count on God to make their choices, they can't count on God.'  Nothing could be further from the truth.

See, I've been going along thinking that if I ask for God's help, (say to drop a bad habit) His desire IS to help, but it doesn't mean anything if I don't make the right choices.  What needs to happen is for us to remember to take every though captive and before making any decision: what to wear, what to eat, how to spend our time, how to work, what to say...we MUST consult God, search His character and then rely on Him to lead us in the right direction.  He won't do it for us, but he WILL HELP us make the right choices, IF we choose first to yield to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment