Jehovah-Nissi

Jehovah-Nissi
The Lord is my Banner

Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Milestones

Well, friends, we're coming up on one year...currently my blog count tells me I've posted 49 posts (that's no small feat for me).  I realized (or remembered) that my first post was on Easter last year, and here we come again to the most precious and miraculous of holidays...the day we remember Christ's death, burial, and resurrection to redeem our souls and save our lives!  God has brought me a long way since that first post, and I know He has much more in store for me in the coming years.  I hope this blog has been as inspiring and encouraging to you as it has to me.

In this year, and increasingly so in the past few months, My head and heart have been filled with aspirations for this blog that I fear I am ill-equiped to manage on my own...thatkfuly, I'm not on my own.  This is God's voice...rather, He inspires the words and simply give publication to them...and I hope that never changes.  
'Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will travel to such and such a city and spend a year there and do business and make a profit.” You don’t even know what tomorrow will bring—what your life will be! For you are like smoke that appears for a little while, then vanishes. Instead, you should say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.”  But as it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. So it is a sin for the person who knows to do what is good and doesn’t do it.'  James 4:13-17
I know that I've shared this passage before...it rings in my heart, clamors in my head, reminding me that my words are not my words.  My breath is not my breath.  My life is not my life.  And so, all of my aspirations for this blog and my "influence" are not mine either...All belongs to God.  Only He knows the beginning and the end and every second inbetween...  All I can do, all He asks of me is that I listen intently to His instruction and be obedient.  So here's to one year, friends, it was beautiful spending it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment