Jehovah-Nissi

Jehovah-Nissi
The Lord is my Banner

Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

You Dance Over Me!

Today is one of those days when nothing comes to mind...no inspiration...no word from God...no great revelation to bring forth...no dark corners to liberate into light...just calm, peaceful, silence.  From morning's light I have reached for that encouraging bit of wisdom to share.  Even now, fingers pressed to the keys, eyes intent on the screen, ears tuned to heaven - quiet.  There was a time in my life when I would do anything in my power to fill this quiet with as much noise as possible.  Music, TV, the bathroom fan...have you ever had those days?  So fearful of what you might hear in the silence.  Horrified by what might find you.  So focused on covering up that still. small. voice.  Yeah, I've been there.
Not today though (praise God for His saving grace!!!).  No, today I am overjoyed to be immersed in this quiet!  And not because life has gotten overly-hectic or because I am surrounded by noise every day (which may be true), but simply to sit in the presence of my Lord and Savior with nothing but thankfulness to offer Him.  It brings me more joy and contentment that I could ever ask for!
Only God can fill this space.  Only His presence is full enough, bright enough, big enough, loud enough, and comforting enough to make all those fears of failures revisited fade away.  What's more, He's pleased to be that fullness for us!  How cool is that?  The one and only God, Creator of the heavens and the earth, Orbiter of planets, Mover of tides, Grower and Giver of life, Almighty, King of kings is PLEASED to sit in the quiet with you and with me.  It overjoys Him!  Just take the time to simply sit at His feet and worship Him in humbleness and thankfulness!
"Yahweh your God is among you,
a warrior who saves.
He will rejoice over you with gladness.
He will bring you quietness with His love.
He will delight in you with shouts of joy"
(Zephaniah 3:17)
I've stumbled upon this verse in my musings today...the song "Amazed" by Lincoln Brewster follows the same thought....that God can rejoice in us, in our obedience!  He becomes so joyful and proud over what He has created in us that it causes Him to DANCE OVER US!!!
You dance over me, while I am unaware.
You sing all around, but I never hear a sound.
Lord I'm amazed by You
And how you love me!
(Lincoln Brewster: "Amazed")
WOW.  Don't you just love those "wow" moments?  Warms my heart.
If we sit long enough and quiet enough in these moments of 'nothing' we might feel his rejoicing!  We might hear sound of His voice in song!  We might see a glimpse of His dancing over us!  And, brothers and sisters, We might just be amazed by HOW He loves us!

No comments:

Post a Comment