Jehovah-Nissi

Jehovah-Nissi
The Lord is my Banner

Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

In God's Name

At Bible study this week, we had a Seminary professor come and lead our discussion. He spoke about the history of the church and of Christianity, and I'll be honest, history of any kind is just not my area of interest. There was one point that stood out to me though...He referenced 2Corinthians 5:20 "Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, certain that God is appealing through us." And, as ambassadors, we are the face and voice of the embassy. I had never thought of the Church as God's Embassy before...There are American Embassies all over the world...land in other countries that the US owns with a building run by the president and with people who are expected to be the face of America to whatever country they serve...the Church is God's Kingdom Embassy. So then this professor posed a question: "What kind of ambassador are you? Do you represent the Embassy well? Do you represent God well?"
I have been confronted with this a lot lately in my own life. Do I represent God the way I should? In everything I do? "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. (1Corinthians 10:31) And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.(Colossians 3:17)" So, how am I doing? How are you doing? How do we represent Christ when we're stuck in traffic? When someone cuts us off? When we have a bad day? When we have a good day? When we're out with friends? When we're out with co-workers? When we're at the gym? When we're at the store? When we watch that movie, or listen to that music, or use those words or that tone of voice?...Because the fact is, whether we represent Him well or poorly, we ARE His representation to the world. Do we turn people TO Christ, or AWAY from Him? I wish the church would focus on this more...I wish I would focus on this more.
We have all sinned and fall short of the glory of God, but as Redeemed sinners covered by the blood of the lamb with the Holy Spirit dwelling in our hearts, we have a responsibility to the world to endure, press on, and SHOW the grace and mercy of God. I pray that God would continue to provide opportunities in my life and in yours to practice being a GREAT ambassador for His Kingdom! I pray God would guide our steps today, tomorrow, and each day until His coming in such a way that glorifies His name. I pray He would make us less so He could be more! I pray for His strength to run this race with endurance and thank Him for His presence and protection each step of the way! Thank you God that you are with us wherever we are and you welcome us with open arms. Thank you that you equip us with every good and perfect gift so that we may be ambassadors for your Kingdom to win others to Christ! Help us to realize and accomplish the plans and dreams you have for each of our lives in the name of Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment