Jehovah-Nissi

Jehovah-Nissi
The Lord is my Banner

Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

By Grace

Fellow Forgiven,
Have you ever, or do you remember a time when you've really come to understand how far you've fallen? I don't think we can ever know the true gravity of our sin, nor can we comprehend what our sin does within the walls of our savior's heart. Can you imagine adding cream into black coffee? How it permeates every space within the coffee...causing the coffee to cloud...and the two can not be separated. I think that may be a little what our sin does in our hearts and in the heart of God...only, God has the ONE way to separate cream from coffee, sin from heart, darkness from light.
"All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." That's comforting to me in some way...not one of us is better than the other...not one of us is worse than the other...there is not one of us who God loves better...there is not one of His children whom God is disappointed with...ALL is a level playing field within the body of Christ. What a sweet thought. I know I have fallen--I have fallen hard and I have fallen fast and I have fallen worse than I ever thought I would...but ONE thing remains...Jesus. nails. death. life. redemption.
I praise God tonight for His healing love and redemptive grace. I am daily reminded about my misdeeds...Satan makes sure I am reminded how "bad" I am like it's his job...and THE response to the evil one is to preach truth and gospel to ourselves. Take every thought captive. Remove all unwholesome talk. And rejoice in the place God has prepared for you!
I hope, friends, that you had a great weekend! While you read this, I hope you will ponder the greatness God has accomplished in your lives and in the lives of loved ones...than pray for those you love who have yet to have their eyes opened. How can we keep such great love to ourselves?

1 comment:

  1. Really a wonderful spiritual blog you have here. I'm your newest follower and invite you to follow me as well.

    ReplyDelete