Jehovah-Nissi

Jehovah-Nissi
The Lord is my Banner

Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Distracted

Can you think of one word to describe your life in this moment?  Is the first word that comes to your mind "love"?  Is "love" even a word that you think of to describe your life?  It should be.  God IS love.  The Gospel IS love.  Jesus IS love.  SO...if we are Christians, we are therefore imitators of Christ and therefore we are love!  Aren't we?  Does every action, every thought, every movement, every breath revolve around love?  The love of Christ should be SO overflowing from our hearts that we can not contain it...and yet sometimes we struggle just to show it...
 
Honestly, the one word that describes MY life in this moment is "distracted."  Distracted by the "to do" list, the television, my wants, my needs, my struggles, my work, my laundry, my upset stomach, my movie, my beach day...(etc.)  Common denominator?  ME.  My life is distracted by me (my self and my selfishness).  The most unfortunate, sad, uncomfortable part about this?  That Satan has succeeded in distracting me from Love (therefore distracting me from God who IS love).
 
The best part?  God allows me to repent and return to Him.  Each moment, each breath is a chance to make a choice to show love.  We were reminded in church today that love is NOT a feeling but and ACTION.  We are not called to "feel" love...we are called to BE love and DO love!   "By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” Jn. 13:35  So, friends, make the choice to show love today in EVERY thought, action, word, and smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment