Jehovah-Nissi

Jehovah-Nissi
The Lord is my Banner

Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Learning...

I love that we never stop learning.  Whether something is brand new, or part of our routine...there is always something new to be discovered.  The best part about it is the way God made us to learn from each other!  We learn in many different ways: through listening, doing, seeing, etc...we also teach in different ways...seems it was meant to be :)  One of my favorite ways to learn is through someone else.  In doing Bible studies, I always find some new insight into a scripture or viewpoint that I never considered before - which in turn leads me to research and more learning.  In teaching my preschoolers, I am AMAZED at how much more they observe and understand about the way things work than I do - and they have such a pure and un'tainted' way of explaining their "findings."  In my every day life with my family, I find that I have absolutely no proper understanding of truly selflessly sharing life with others - Thank God for Mercy!  Isn't it beautiful that God has given us each other for relationship, encouragement, and learning as we come together as brothers and sisters in Christ to form the one body of the Church?

Unfortunately, we don't always take advantage of this gift...or worse, we completely ignore it as we get caught up in the "business" of each day.  I hear "I'm just too busy," a lot...too much...and often from myself ... I have a truth for you my friends, God is NEVER too busy for us.  Imagine!  The Creator, the Ruler of the World, the One who holds all things in orbit...makes time for each one of us!  Yet we make no effort to make time for Him...  Let alone, make an effort for His Church, His Body, Our Brothers and Sisters, Our Fellow man...

Well, I'm sufficiently convicted.

So...what can we do?  Make the effort.  There is no such thing as too little, too late when you're held in the arms of God.  He makes all things right.  He makes all things good.  He allows all seasons.  We were made for community.  We were made for relationship.  We were made for worship. 
 "For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith."  Romans 12:4-6

 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified."  Romans 8:28-30


Isn't it wonderful how God has worked all things together?  It amazes me every time and each time I am reminded...I learn something new.  I stand in awe of my Father in heaven as I seek to learn His ways!  I read my new favorite verses for the first time today:   "Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives to all generously and without criticizing, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith without doubting. For the doubter is like the surging sea, driven and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. An indecisive man is unstable in all his ways." James 1:5-8  Let Him teach you something new today...ask for the wisdom you wish to receive.  I'm so excited, Lord!  What will you teach me today???

No comments:

Post a Comment