Jehovah-Nissi

Jehovah-Nissi
The Lord is my Banner

Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

The Face of England

On Christ the solid rock I stand!
 

With my feet on the cobbled streets of England, I began a journey I couldn't have anticipated.  I knew, of course, that embarking on my first mission trip, leaping out of my comfort zone, opening my heart and spirit to anything the Lord may have planned would have some lasting effect...though I'm not sure what I thought would happen.  Something groundbreaking and life altering I suppose.  The surprising this is that I got exactly what I thought I would, only it grew in a different way.  God blessed me with new friends, new family, and newfound joy!
 
One of my closest friends asked me what my biggest disappointment was...I had never thought about that...and of course after the fleeting regret that I didn't come home with some wonderful British love story I began to consider her question and was a bit surprised at my answer.  At first, nothing.  The beauty of the place, the warmth and openness of the people we met, the color of the ocean...all of it had me swooning!  As I continued to relive the experience, with my friend waiting for my response, I saw them.  I saw the faces od England.  Sad, dark, sorrowful faces...not a smile on anyone I passed on the streets...this is my greatest disappointment, and the reason (or at least partially) that God pulled a group of Americans together to storm the castle and share not the gospel in word but the gospel in joy.  In the simplicity of a smile.  And in that short bit of revelation God pieced together His lesson for me.

No matter where I go, no matter how far away or different or scary something might be, He is with me and so I carry with me joy and peace because Christ IS joy and peace.  More than that, I know that as long as I am doing God's will, I will be happy.  I will be satisfied.  I will be fulfilled!  And nothing can take that away!

I spend so much time trying to piece together God's plan.  I try to take the bits He's given me and arrange them into what I think makes the prettiest picture...what I think that outcome should look like...much like taking a 5000 piece puzzle and putting it together without ever seeing the picture on the box...there's just no way to do it.  ONLY God knows what His picture for your life looks like.  There is NO WAY to put it together yourself...but there's the beauty of it.  He KNOWS!  God has your life and mine already written in the heavens!  For as long as we try to follow His path, as long as we take the next step as He gives it to us, it's done.  And it's perfect!  No worry.  No fret.  No stress.  Just Christ and a lifetime of joy.

So, there it is, loves.  My take away is: I got my joy back!  The only thing left to do is SHARE it!  To SHINE the light God has strengthened into the lives of those around me...and pray every moment that I do well in His eyes.  Thank you to all of you who prayed for me and supported me and the team and the trip.  Please continue to pray for the people of Penzance and the wonderful family I have in the Light and Life church there.  They have such a beautiful thing started!  Pray for revival and renewed JOY!  Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment